Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Yelp


I used to not believe in restaurant reviews online because the very first time I used Yelp to look up good Korean BBQ restaurant in Camp Hill, PA I found Spring Garden Restaurant, which turned out to be an absolute catastrophe. May be it was bad day for them or whatever reason, because most people rated them really high, even Elite reviewers from Yelp. So that kind of scared me for a while,so I turn my back on Yelp and went to Tripadvisor.



Tripadvisor is not well known for restaurant reviews, but I think it's very decent website to use. Because of Tripadvisor, I actually find lots of good restaurants that are really to my liking. Also Tripadvisor is very good for activities and hotel ratings.

I have a friend who is an expert of eating, and she always recommended me to use Yelp, which I was skeptical for very long time, until I give Yelp a chance again and it opened a whole new world for me.

Reasons to use for Yelp for restaurant reviews are:
1. Larger community of serious eaters.
2. Check-in and rewards system that benefits you in many ways.
3.Easier to use interface.

After going back on Yelp, I have become addicted to Yelp, like one of my social networks, but better because it's a social network for a serious eater!

Yelp can help you in decision making if you should spend your hard earned money on certain restaurants or not. Just imagine you go on a vacation and you have to impress your companion or yourself to make the trip worth every penny, so you can't waste it on some lousy restaurant that you took chance and risk on trying. The trick is look for people who have Elite status for reviews. As you might know, people who give good reviews might be the restaurant owner or their friends, so rating can be alter, but people who have Elite status are always honest because they are serious eaters. That's why they have Elite status. It will decrease a significant amount of chance that you will end up in some devastating experienced with restaurant.

Give Yelp a try, you will enjoy the community, fun, joy, pictures of food and tips on your sensational journey of gastronomy. Keep eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment